Serge Answers Your Questions
Call me or text me: 613-806-9391 Serge
I know a lot of common problems with most appliances. According to your explanation, I can usually estimate the problem and the repair time. If you give me the model number of your appliance, I can check the price of the replacement part. I usually know the prices for popular appliances without the model number. Just to be clear, it’s impossible to provide a full estimate remotely. All breakdowns can be caused by several different problems. When I inspect the appliance in person, I sometimes find other parts that should be replaced as well. To know the full extent of the repair, I need to see the machine in person. I will always be truthful with my onsite inspections and estimates.
- Why doesn’t the dryer spin?
- Why doesn’t the washing machine spin?
- Why doesn’t the dryer heat?
- Read my article: How to get the best price for appliance repair in Ottawa?
- Read my article: Samsung appliance repair cost in Ottawa.
- My article about appliance diagnostic
- Save money and the environment: Why repairing appliances is the sustainable choice?
Most of the repairs take one hour and cost $180 plus parts + taxes. This price includes already the visit ($90). You can see some examples of appliance repair costs in my article. Some reductions could be applied.
See the relevant questions in the following list.
- LG refrigerator has a compressor issue. The compressor is not available.
Samsung washer has a spin problem caused by the cracked support of the drum. The total cost of the repair is more than $600, and it isn’t worth the repair.
The Whirlpool refrigerator has a freon leaking problem. It’s unrepairable because we can’t find the gas leaking point.
Kenmore refrigerator has a main board issue. The part is available in three weeks, and you can’t wait so long.
Maytag dryer has a main board issue. The part costs about $400. You may decide not to repair it.
Verifying the dryer’s electric outlet shows an electric problem in the house.
The house’s clogged drain system causes the washing machine to leak.
The dryer doesn’t dry clothes because of the clogged vent system in the wall.
The prices are the same for every day and every hour.
These costs include transportation expenses, the time it takes to diagnose the device, to take it apart and put it back together during the diagnostic, to provide the evaluation, and the time it takes to order and pick up parts from my supplier.
- Travel is more expensive for regions that are more than 30 minutes away by car from my location.
- The repairs are more expensive when I need to come several times or when I need more than 1 hour and a half for the repair.
- Stacked appliances
- Diagnosis of a second appliance in the same house is $50 (-40%).
- Get a $20 for appliance repair in Nepean
- Quick repair (less than 20 minutes) – $30 discount.
- For repeat customers – a reduction of $10 for the diagnostic or $20 for the repair.
- Quick diagnostic. If the diagnostic takes less than 15 minutes, it will cost only $60.
In all cases, I produce a written estimate before each repair.
The warranty is valid for 3 months for parts and for labour. In the event of a problem covered by the guarantee, I will take care of it as soon as I possibly can.
We offer dishwasher installation.
If I find that a “non-original” part provides the same quality at a considerably lower price, I will offer it to you. See my video Appliance repair parts original and not original parts